Just a dumping ground for house ideas:
This will be the first major project (apart from tearing out carpet) and a total gut & re-do.
I can't decide if I want to go stark and modern or stay true to the era of the house...
- I've always loved console sinks, and apparently they're very 1950 appropriate (the year of the house) Essex Chrome Metal Console Lavatory
- I don't know if I'll have to replace the toilet right now, but eventually I would get a dual flush toilet like this one TOTO Aquia® Dual Flush Toilet, 1.6GPF & 0.9GPF
- A black & white bathroom really appeals to me and pennyround are amazing (and an appropriate vintage) Nemo tile pennyrounds
- Plain old white subway porcelain tiles (3 x 6) for the bath surround and walls
Black and white paint:
- Benjamin Moore Moonlight White (matte): all white walls/ceilings
- Benjamin Moore Simply White (satin): white trim/woodwork
- Benjamin Moore Soot (matte): black walls for accents
- Benjamin Moore Toucan Black (satin): black doors and stairs if they are wood under the vinyl
- Olympic Knight’s Armor (eggshell): black for bathroom?
- Benjamin Moore Black Beauty (satin): exterior black trim
I don't think I'll need to redo the kitchen right away, but I've always loved apron front sinks or farm sinks (Rohl Shaws Lancaster Apron Front Fireclay Sink)