I bought my little car exactly one year ago, and last night I put in an offer on a house!
What massive life-changing event will happen to me June 15th, 2014? (don't answer that)
The sellers countered with $5,000 above what I offered, and I accepted conditional to them cleaning, and getting a roof/furnace/house/sewer/gas line inspection done.
|Little cottage in a forest|
- Shingles (rotting boards?) and ice-damming prevention
- Grate around house and take out tree that's growing in front of living room window
- Bathroom plumbing/electrical?
- Moisture-proof subfloor and walls
- Install new bath + tiles
- Rip up carpets
- Pull out the bazillion nails/screws that are all over the walls (FREAKY!) inside/outside/trees/basement
- Wash walls, ceilings, windows, cupboards, closets, etc. (there are peach pits in the entrance that the selling agent is supposed to take care of)
- Demo bathroom - I can live with a weird and outdated kitchen (once sanitized), but I can't shower without sandals on in that bathroom...
- Refinish hard wood? We'll see what it looks like once the carpet comes up
- Paint EVERYTHING white - I need a blank slate
- Scrape paint off wood siding/window ledges/soffit
- Paint wood siding/window ledges/soffit
- Washer & dryer
- Fridge? Maybe... depending how old/energy efficient the current one is. And how clean...
- Windows? When a good sale with financing comes up perhaps