14.2.12

Carrot & apple sauce muffins


The original recipe comes from here, but I can't follow directions, so I made my own version.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour (1 1/2 cups almond meal + 1 cup coconut flour)
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup shredded carrots
cinnamon
nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix together dry ingredients.
3. Add in beaten eggs, vanillla, applesauce, and carrots. Mix well.
4. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
5. "Pour" in muffin batter. **
6. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.

We'll see how they turn out. (update: pretty tasty, but more like scones than muffins.)
I will try following the reciped more closely once I am done Whole30 and review them again.

** The mix was firm enough to make balls with... so they could be cookies too I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment