15.3.12

Butter chicken - again.

I made a butter chicken recipe while on the Whole30, but modified quite heavily and made some silly decisions along the way. It turned out mmm-okay. (see original original post)

Because I cut up the chicken it ended up over cooked. Because I used whole spices and hand-ground them, I had to strain the whole thing.

But this time. Oh boy - it's good!
  • 2 Cool Springs Ranch chicken legs & thighs - whole
  • 2 onions diced
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • chunk of butter
  • dollop of oil
In a slow-cooker with:
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tbsp mild cayenne powder
  • 2 tbsp tandoori masala
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 cup full fat yogurt
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
 Mix gently and cook on high heat 4 hours.

I was on fire last night and also made a potato and leek mash and blanched some rainbow chard with kale.

I have 3 prepared meals with all of the above, plus an extra serving of butter chicken.

lunch!

I'm pretty proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment