And I need to whip it into shape!
Coach Ido Portal is coming back to flux CrossFit for 4 seminars in.... 12 days!
My goals are:
- 2 consecutive static pull-ups; right now I can do 1 + 1 with leg kicks and face contortions.
- clean up my diet; Ido's workshops are though! I need the energy and stamina that a good Paleo/ Primal diet provides if I want to survive his 2 days, 5-6 hours/day classes.
- fish oil; consistant intake to help with inflammation. My arm joints (wrists, elbows, shoulders) are my weakest links and they flare up with bodyweight work.
- sleep 8 hour nights
- no alcohol
- no dairy; except for my coffee cream of course!
Really these goals are super attainable because I only have to go hard for 2 weeks.
I've become a lazy Paleo/ Primal eater in the last month or so. I haven't had any big cheats (no bread, only small amounts of whole grains), but I've been consistently having small, sneaky treats. Bad, very bad! A bit of dark chocolate a couple of times per week. Some fries at the restaurant. Way too many Paleo pancakes. Coconut milk ice cream. I even had some chips and dip! Shame.
The main thing is that I'm not feeling super good about the whole thing, but I seem to be stuck in a rut of laziness.
But right now, right this second, I am snapping out of it!
First thing: listing what I ate:
- Lunch: spinach, basil, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, tuna salad.
- Supper: leftover turkey breast, leftover wild boar roast, a carrot.
Second: organize my meals for tomorrow:
- Breakfast: eggs, leftover wild boar roast. Omelet?
- Lunch: spinach, basil, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, tuna salad (stop by the grocery store for spinach & tuna on my way to work).
Bring some oil for a dressing.
Grind flax seeds.
- Supper: pull something out of the freezer tonight! Pork?
Okay, I already feel a bit better about myself!
Going for my spoonful of fish oil now.